Monday, April 03, 2006

A Question re Abdul Rahman

After reading a post at Michelle Malkin's site, I just sent a note to Christian Peacemaker Teams. Here is the text of that note:

To whom it may concern:

I looked over your site today, thinking I'd find some sort of reference to Abdul Rahman, our brother in Christ who has just escaped from Afghanistan with his life after proclaiming his conversion. I found nothing on the front page, no references on the side menus, and nothing on the urgent action page. (Not even an expired notice, like the one from 18 Dec 05 about providing support for the Democratic rebuttal to the President.)

May I ask why? It would seem to me that you would have deployed a squad immediately to form a human shield around this poor man, whose only crime is no crime. It would seem to me that that would be something right up your alley.

I challenge you to take on the case of others like Rahman throughout the world, committed believing Christians whose lives are in danger. Go protect them, go protest against their governments.

I suspect, however, that this challenge will go unanswered. It's up to you.

John Piedmont
Major, USMCR
Roman Catholic
Proud to bear arms and protect the constitution
http://rule308.blogspot.com

I don't think I'll get much of a reaction, we'll see. But if the CPT really wanted to "get in the way," as they call it, they'd be in Kabul yesterday swinging a 9-iron, or in their case an olive branch. My guess is that there's no anti-American hay to be made out of brother Rahman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home