Tuesday, June 06, 2006

DOG BITES MAN: SOMALIA DESCENDS INTO VIOLENT CHAOS

John and Charlie say this is not a good thing.

Michelle Malkin agrees.

I must be honest. My first reaction was, "Gee, it couldn't have happened to nicer people." I see John and Charlie's points, and I think we're going to have to do something about it. But, I think that something ought to be purely punitive, and ugly into the bargain. I did two tours in Somalia back in 93 and 94, and I saw first-hand how they completely botched the opportunity they had, and not only bit but mangled the many hands that fed them.

You want sharia? Have it, be my guests. But I bet you won't like it.

And don't be surprised if this gets you more unwanted attention from the world's civilized nations. And it'll be done (or should be done) solely in self-interest, and not from any misplaced humanitarian impulse. Let the Quakers go hand out grain. I'm tired of it.

Somalia. DON'T GET ME STARTED.

jpp

PS: This book has a pretty good account of our unit's first tour there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home