Sunday, April 16, 2006

Yes, Ma'am, They're Dangerous

Also from today's Washington Post, this article on the migration of coyotes (back?) into the area.

I was planning on reading the whole thing until I saw this line, "Hays shook her head. "I don't think people should kill them -- I'm an animal lover. But it's just frightening."

Ma'am, it ought not be paralyzingly frightening, but it should be cause for concern. Why? Because coyotes are frightfully efficient predators. They'll get your pets and can definitely get small children. The solution, ma'am, IS TO SHOOT THEM. Very simple. But in suburban Maryland, I don't think that has occurred to anyone.

Yes, I'll probably go and read the whole thing, but I have to shake my head ruefully at how quickly people turn into sheep.

jpp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home