Monday, November 12, 2007

Good Gear: Slip2000 Carbon Killer







I bought this stuff yesterday, having read good reviews of it. I'll be damned it worked as advertised! I dropped the small parts from my Smith & Wesson M&P15T and Springfield Armory 1911A1, as well as the whole pistol slide and carbine bolt carrier, into the container, let it sit for 5 minutes or so, and lifted them out. What carbon and old lube that hadn't already dropped off came off instantly after a light wiping with a rag.


It's good stuff folks, easy to use, easy to clean up, no harsh fumes, time-saving and effective.


It now carries the Rule 308 seal of approval.

2 Comments:

Blogger aughtSix said...

Just make sure to wipe *everything* down with some oil of some sort. It's water based, and stuff'll rust. I destroyed an ejector spring in my AR when I didn't get all the water out of the ejector hole after soaking the bolt in that stuff.

That said, it does work darn well, and I still use it. I'm just a lot more careful. And I'm too chicken to put it in my bore.

1:40 PM  
Blogger vmijpp said...

Good points, aughtsix, thanks.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home