Monday, December 24, 2007

Recommended Products and Services in Northern VA

As the year draws to a close, let me highlight some of the good people and quality gear I've run across here in Northern Virginia. (Another, more national post will follow.)

White Hat Chimney Sweep: Call Jay at 703.761.4333. He has more than taken care of us for a couple years now, since I installed the wood-burning insert.

Loudoun Guns: Good old local manly gunstore. If they ain't got it, they'll get it.

Blue Ridge Arsenal: Good old local indoor range. If it wasn't there, I don't know where I'd be shooting.

FPF Training: John Murphy's high-speed one-man-band operation. His courses would be a bargain at twice the price. Highly recommended.

Old Dominion Brewery: Directions are on the website, but the only sign to the place is on the Washington & Old Dominion Trail, at about milepost 25.5. Great beer, good chow.

Partlow's BBQ: Outstanding barbecue joint, right on the Washington & Old Dominion Trail, at milepost 27.5. Make it a day and hit ODB and then Partlow's. And then ODB again.

Healthy Kids Pediatric Center: Dr Davis, our pediatrician. If I had three hands I'd give her three thumbs up.

4 Comments:

Blogger H. Carvey said...

JPP -

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ODB is now owned by AB, right?

Carv

7:25 PM  
Blogger vmijpp said...

I believe so, Rubber Bat. But no apparent change in quality. YET.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Countertop said...

Never been to ODB. A-B seems to have bought up all the old local micro's around the country (except for Catamount in Vermont who I used to work for, their owned by Harpoon now)

Haven't been to Blue Ridge in ages. The crappy service of the old owners, high prices, and most of all the suicide incident all combine to keep me away. Though it looks like I might head over with a buddy on Saturday. He just got a new gun (Glock 23) and wants to shoot it.

1:05 AM  
Blogger H. Carvey said...

I'd like to through out a couple of my favs, both in Leesburg...

Vintage50...Anthony has done a great job! The food and atmosphere are great, both in the lounge and in the dining area. Anthony brews his own beer, and has even reached into the fermentation tank to offer up a taste of the Wee Heavy! Growlers available!

Fireworks...casual pizza place, with a simply awesome beer menu! I'm more partial to the ales, and the white and unfiltered wheat beers, but I'm always happy to try an IPA or something stronger.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home