Monday, January 21, 2008

The Tap Runneth Dry On Hop Pocket Ale :-(

A gross shock awaited me at Old Dominion Brewery this weekend, where I went to fill the growler with Tuppers Hop Pocket Ale.

"We poured the last glass of that last Sunday."

"When are you getting more in??"

"We're not, at least not for a while. We're not making it any more."

Hellfire and damnation. That's like Remington saying, "We're not making .308 anymore." Both are commodities I try to acquire and consume in decent quantities.

According to the folks at ODB some issues with the owner of the recipe caused them both to turn off the taps. (It seems that Hop Pocket Lager is still being made, although it's not the same.)

I sent a plaintive note to Mr Tupper, who very kindly replied that he's hoping someone else will pick up the recipe and it'll be back in production soon, although he pointed out that the global hop shortage wasn't helping matters.

I replied that I was content to wait, hopefully, until a solution could be reached. I'll just have to make-do with second tier choices as, like the Loudoun County motto cryptically reads, "I Byde My Time."

5 Comments:

Blogger Countertop said...

Boy, that is a reason to worry

4:53 PM  
Blogger H. Carvey said...

Are you surprised? Since the ownership of ODB changed, this sort of thing isn't surprising...

Should consider changing your venue and meeting me at Vintage50

11:22 AM  
Blogger Dan Loomis said...

I'm a DC transplant here in NC and am absolutely shocked that Tupper's HPA is no longer being produced. It is truely a sad, sad day, :-(

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word I received is they wanted to do just the Ale and those at Hop Pocket said if they could not do both Ale and Pils, forget it.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Mathew said...


Dear Sir/Madam
I can consider myself as a lucky b eing after reading through your wonderful article.
However, i will request that you write more on the same topic to further expanciate on the knowledge
I have some suggested topics as you can see below. Kindly accept my comment so we can stay intouch with each other.
Ativan
buy ativan online
depression symptoms
Buy Ativan (Lorazepam) Online
buy lorazepam overnight delivery
buy benzodiazepines online
buy lorazepam online cheap
buy lorazepam online
buy lorazepam online canada
whow much cash does it take to buy 90 lorazepam 2mg?
can you take lorazepam while pregnant
lorazepam street name
what does a lorazepam pill look like
how long does lorazepam stay in your system
how long does lorazepam take to work for sleep
how much lorazepam to overdose
how many mg of lorazepam to overdose
kwhat is the medication lorazepam used for
what is lorazepam
percocet 10 325 espaƱol
vitaros cream reviews
buy ativan 2mg tablet
ativan 2mg tablet online order
ativan 2mg online order
where to buy anxiety medication in canada
Thanks very much for reading. We await your response.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home