Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Of Primary Importance Here In Virginia

Spent a busy hour yesterday a.m. getting the voting precinct ready for action. By my watch we opened one minute late, but who's counting? Normally I place myself at the head of the line but this morning I fell in behind about a dozen folks waiting. That was more than usual for a primary, but not as many as I thought there would be.

I marked "Mitt Romney," in case you're wondering. Why? Because I have the luxury of knowing what the outcome will be, and I wanted to stage a little protest. I was not a die-hard Mitt fan, but I considered him the best of the viable choices, and I wish he had stuck it out. My thoughts on The Arizona Maverick can best be summed up as follows: My admiration for McCain the fighting man borders on awe; but my disdain for McCain the politician is just as deep. He has made too many deals with vile people, and bitten the hands that fed, or would now be feeding, him.

However, I have to agree with Our Favorite Beefy Afrikaner. Frau Klinton and Mr B. Hussein Obama must be defeated. So, you can lead me to the polls and make me vote. You just can't make me like it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mitt Romney has changed his stance on gun control when it suited his campaign, why vote for someone with no backbone? If you want to vote for someone who will support the second amendment no matter what the inconvenience is, vote for Ron Paul. Since when was Mitt Romney some die-hard "conservative"? Just look at his voting record, he's nearly as bad as McCain. I agree with you 100% that Obama would be terrible to have in office, Clinton being the lesser of them, and then I suppose McCain. Really though, just vote your conscience. That's all you can do.

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only Teddy Kennedy would take all three of them for a ride in his car...

DoubleTapper
DoubleTapper@gmail.com
http://doubletapper.blogspot.com

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I emailed McCain campaign with the 3 major issues that I had with his politics and with the factual explanation why I strongly believe he is dangerously wrong on those issues. Guess, what, never mind not receiving a response from him, his campaign did not even bother to acknowledge the receipt of my email.
Since I will have to vote for him against Hillary/Obama in November anyway, I decided that having to use a barf bag at the polls in November was enough and simply stayed home and did not vote.

11:01 PM  
Blogger cmblake6 said...

And, as Kim has said, I love my country more than I hate John McCain. Ronaldus Maximus MUST return. I'm sick to frakking death of "lesser of two evil" voting.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Agro Chemicals Labs said...

Buy Research Chemicals USA From Agro Chemicals Labs LLC

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

http://rule308.blogspot.com/

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Colt Firearms For Sale Online said...


So I’ve had this unfired Colt Anaconda first edition since new. Never really had an urge to fire it or even dry firing it, it just lived in the back of the safe. I do have a 45LC Anaconda that I love shooting but now I’m torn on what I should do with the first edition. I have seen them on GB but didn’t see that there’s much interest for them and tried selling it locally with no results. is there any collectors interest on the First Edition or should I just go ahead and fire it after all these decades. Buy Colt Firearms Online

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home